Sunday, April 18, 2010

In my heart...

My friend, whom I work with, is a rare and wonderful breed of person. Funny, positive, down to earth, and incredibly caring. Only two years older than myself, she managed to start and run a boy's orphanage in Ghana. This is something many of us say we'll do IF we win the 649. Anyhoo, she and I were having a conversation about the differences between the attitudes between developed and undeveloped nations and she related this story to me;

The boys often get snippets of information about the west and wanted to ask her to verify them. They asked her, "Is it true that men sometimes want to become women so they cut their penis off?" She replied, "Yes. Some men are born men but in their heart, they are really women. They then might get surgery to become women."

After some contemplation, another asked: "Is it true that there is a woman who gave birth to 8 babies at the same time?" She replied, "Yes. She used fertility drugs and she had eight babies."

After a moment's thought, the boy replied, "Oh, I see. So in her heart, she wasn't a woman. She was a pig."

1 comment:

  1. Ha! This is indeed a worthy charity to produce such astute children.

    ReplyDelete