Thursday, April 2, 2009

So, he thinks I can dance.


My husband recently informed me that auditions for "So you think you can dance" will be taking place in Toronto. "Uh-huh...and?" And he thinks I should try out.

Ok. Some background is needed.

Yeah, I enjoy dancing. Yeah, I was part of a "Dance Club" in high school and did a major part in helping choreograph. Yeah, I was often the lead dancer. And...that's about it. No professional training. No splits. Rather lousy flexibility. If anyone actually saw those high school performances, you would basically see variations on jazz leaps, step-together-steps, box steps, and several made up movements using props. We've used fake snow, hula hoops, and ribbons. We've dressed up as dolls, elves, and I was even a young, female Santa Claus once. However, our "best" performance was to the soundtrack of Bram Stoker's "Dracula." Dressed in cheesecloth and leotards, we "vampires" walked in with candles then pranced about in our pale makeup.

I can just imagine the comments from the judges if I were to try that again.

Honey, how about I just dance for you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment