Friday, August 28, 2009

Restaurant Review: Panorama



Our anniversary happened right after my antibiotics were finished, and on the same day as the hubby's first day back to work from his 5 month, pat leave. Both excellent reasons to start drinking with abandon. C5 was unfortunately closed on Monday so we decided to walk about and "discover" a place to go. After a tempting presentation at Bay Bloor Radio, we ventured up to the 51st floor of the Manulife Building to Panorama. This resto-lounge had a great view and even had outdoor patios. Though full of tourists, it was still a great place with more drinks on the menu than food. However, the food was good. I recommend the $26 seafood appetizer platter full of fat shrimp, smoked salmon and mussels. Crab cakes were dissappointing (too small) but the mediterranean pizza was delicious. At first, the chicken on it came very dry and against my personal restaurant beliefs, my hubby sent it back and asked for another one. It came back prompt, clean, and improved. Our server was great. I think this would be a great place to go with friends for drinks. Not cheap, but the view is worth it.

Too bad I am so ill again. I'm sure drinking on a cold patio didn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment