Thursday, March 11, 2010

Getting older Part 2

More things that prove that I'm getting older...

1. I use Olay Definity and ReGenerist.
2. I pull at the skin beneath my eyes to see it look smoother.
3. People are no longer surprised that I'm a mother of two.
4. I drive an SUV.
5. I wear sensible shoes.
6. The anime posters I used for my cartooning club are over 10 years old. (Ranma)
7. The Time-Life books (about the supernatural) I used in my Boy's Reading Club are nearly 20 years old.
8. My Ryerson student teachers are 20 years old.
9. Their professor from Ryerson looks 18 years old.
10. David Bowie is now a senior citizen and too old to fantasize about anymore.

Yikes. I'm going to take up knitting and adopting cats soon. Help!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think #5 is an acceptable form of aging. Comfortable shoes are a must but they don't have to be sensible at all.

    Also, you're making yourself sound wayyyy older than you are. Shame on you. Now, go buy yourself some fun shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help it. I'm feeling old lately whether I really am or not. I'm sure the hubby is rolling his eyes considering he's older than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hubby always has "The Old Man" Couture to gage his age against. Maybe that's what you should be doing, gage your age against "Any Older Celebrity", for example Dame Judi Dench, and you'll be feeling younger in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or the Queen Mother! Or a dinosaur! :D

    ReplyDelete