Saturday, March 20, 2010

Restaurant Review: Frank @ the AGO



It's actually been awhile since I've been here but life gets in the way of blogging. :) The first visit to Frank was for Weekend Brunch right before going in to see the King Tut exhibit (which was somewhat disappointing). Now, I'm not a huge fan of pancakes, but these were the best pancakes ever. Thinking of them makes me crave pancakes. A heavenly, stack of fluffy buckwheat circles that absorbed the syrupy-fruity compote without being soggy. It was crowned with some whipped cream and a scattering of bacon lardons. I can't explain it. It was just sooo good.

Frank isn't by any means perfect but they certainly are high style with down home comfort favourites such as an up-scale shepard's pie. However, they do surprise pleasantly with such things as bacon-brittle a top a chocolate cake (I think that's what I had. Jennie, please correct me).

All in all, a wonderful experience to pair with an afternoon at the art gallery.


1 comment:

  1. Who would have thought that a gallery restaurant would have good comfort food?! I need to try those pancakes.

    ReplyDelete