Thursday, June 21, 2012

Candyland

My kids were goofing around, laughing in the living room. I asked them what they were playing. "We're in CANDYLAND mommy!" they exclaim. "Everything here is made of candy!"

"Best land ever!" I reply and I pretend to eat part of a chair. My 3 year old reaches up and smacks me in the face. "Mommy, when you eat anything in Candyland, you get punched in the face."

"What? That's the worst land ever!" I grab another piece of sofa and pretend to eat it and promptly get punched in the face.

"That's it! No more candy for me! I don't like it here!" I say indignantly.

"No, mommy. Eat more candy." pleads my son.

"No way." I reply.

So ninja-boy grabs up some sofa, leaps into the air and deftly grabs my face as he shoves imaginary candy-furniture into my pursed lips....and then punches me in the face.

At least they have a good imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment