Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Hubby vs. The World



My husband imagined as the powerful and eternal Bruce Lee.


Inspired by the new Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World movie, I imagined what it would be like if my hubby had to fight all my ex-boyfriends. Wanting anonymity for everyone involved, I chose to use famous people that look like or remind me of the guys I dated. (In no particular order. Not all guys are represented. Ho!)








James Marsden: The sulky and somewhat whiny boyfriend that shoots lasers out of his eyes.






Taboo: The bad-ass, cool guy that gives people the creeps. Has the power to freak you out.












Conan O'Brien: Has the power to reduce you to tears by making others laugh at you.












John Smith: If you watch Pocahontas 2, you'll find that John Smith is a cheating cad who doesn't return Pocahontas' calls. Like a coward, his power is to use a gun.











Jonathan Rhys Meyers: Imagined power is to take your head off. Real power is to use his Ji-jitsu to put you into embarrassing submissions.












Colin Chou: Of Matrix fame, enjoys wearing very little to distract his opponents.












Tilda Swinton: The hubby insisted that I add this to the list too. Tilda is a fierce opponent who swoops down on her angel wings and lays waste to those who oppose her. (Much like her character Gabriel from Constantine. Or her character White Witch from Narnia. Either one. She goes both ways.)

7 comments:

  1. Holy crap. I don't remember you ever having this many bfs. What have you been hiding from me?
    I do recognize some of them though... And let me say, you flatter them. You're far too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't meet all the guys I dated. :) Also, hind sight is 20/20 or wears beer goggles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If guys that hot would have slept with me, then I would be a ho, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dating doesn't always mean sleeping with! :) Take Conan for example...he liked me and I liked him but only as a friend. Maybe it was the red hair...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colin Chou??? If you're referring to who I think you're referring to, I think Vicki is indeed correct. You're being far too kind. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS, your hubby (obviously) would kick all their asses... he'd likely also make the Bruce Lee noises as he struck home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps I'm being kind. I suppose they are both Asian and half naked and the similarities end there. :)

    ReplyDelete