Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So hip it hurts


Last week I attended the Black Eyed Peas concert at ACC. "Black Eyed Peas?!" my sister exclaims. "I didn't know you even liked them." She knows well that I favour retro tunes, rock, and broadway. She was probably wondering if I thought I was attending some kind of legumes festival. "Sure, I do." I said but only after googling them to figure out what they actually sang. Fortunately, their music is so popular that someone as out to lunch as me still knew their music.
The last 3 concerts I've attended were Aerosmith, David Bowie, and Kiss. I figured I'd better prepare myself so I traded my baggy jeans for tight jeans. My tight top for a loose be-jeweled top. My canvas back pack for a stylish purse. Make up and high heels completed my updated look. Babysitting was secured so we were ready for a night on the town in a VIP lounge courtesy of RBC. The open bar was a surprise and I ended up as smashed as a frosh on a Friday night. The music was loud, the night late, and my feet hurt but the seats were great and they didn't even try to make us open an account or anything. After my fourth drink, I knew that I would pay for it the next day. "Mom, I won't be able to take the kids to swim lessons tomorrow." I slurred over the blaring music. Ten years ago, we would have gone clubbing after the concert then head to Denny's in the morning but all I wanted to do was sleep. Oh, how times have changed.

1 comment:

  1. Getting drunk is fun. It's a concept I didn't embrace as much 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete